Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Charlie is doing great!!!

So sorry for the lack of updates. Charlie is continuing to do very well and just today was taken off of the C-PAP and put onto the nasal cannula oxygen. He may have to go back on the C-PAP, but he was doing so well, the doctors wanted to try moving forward. His feeds have increased to every 3 hours and he is gaining weight (up to 3lbs 4oz at the moment). Shannon has been able to do the kangaroo care with Charlie (basically holding him in a reclined position) almost every day lately for as long as 3 hours at a time. We have tons of pictures and more info, which I will post shortly. Again, so sorry for the lack of updates. I will attempt to post more frequently, but please know that no news is good news if I fail to post again for a while. That said, I should have time tomorrow night to post all the pictures from Charlie's first bath and other exciting events!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear he's doing so well!! You both must be thrilled to be holding and bathing your baby...keep the updates coming and can't wait to see the pictures!
Bryn and JJ Rathvon

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear that Charlie is doing so well. We can't wait to see pictures too! Love, Jeremy, Christine and Espen.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME news!!! So happy to hear it! Our thoughts are with Charlie and you! Thank you for posting.
:)
Zane.

Anonymous said...

This is great news! Thanks for posting Chuckie. We'll be praying that Charlie will continue breathing just fine on his own! Can't wait to see pics and looking forward to meeting the little guy soon.

-Kevin

Anonymous said...

Chuckie and Shannon, we are so relieved to have such great news! We were worried when you didn't post for so many days! This is so exciting and we can hardly wait for all those pictures! Congratulations and we know Shannon had a wonderful first Mother's Day!
Rhonda Dimmick and everyone at Farnam

Charlotte Spears said...

Yea Charlie! I had been hoping no news was good news and I'm so happy that Charlie is doing so well. Looking forward to those pictures of your adorable little guy :) I will be praying that you can take him home soon.

Liz said...

Woohoo - great news!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!!! I am so glad to hear that he is continuing to do so well! He has been quite the fighter! :-) Thank you for the update! Can't wait to see more pictures!
-Carley and Bryan

Rob Withem said...

We rejoice with you that Charlie is doing so well! We can't wait to see the pics of him all chubbed out from mama's milk :)
Much love, Rob & Amy & kiddos

The Martins said...

Amazing. That is so incredible! Thanks so much for sharing!

from Psalm 77-
"I will meditate on all your works
and consider all your mighty deeds.
Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."

With love,
The Martins

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!! So glad to hear this update. We continue to pray for you all. Love, the Craig Atwoods

Anonymous said...

our thoughts and prayers continue t be with u -- happy mothers day

Dr CBJ-- True harmony