Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Charlie celebrated his first Halloween this past weekend. While we did NOT go trick or treating for germs, we did go to one house that we knew was relatively clean (Grandma and Grandpa Duffs'). Charlie still didn't get to eat any candy, though, until we thoroughly checked it for razor blades. Then we just put a few pieces of candy in the blender and he took it just fine. Ok, not really. He did get to have his picture taken an inordinate number of times and is consequently blind. The pictures posted make up about 3% (generous estimate) of the pictures taken.

Shannon thought Charlie should be a giraffe because of his long eyelashes and I thought he should be a bug because of his stubby proportions. You can all see who won that argument.

Sorry for the lack of posting on here. The medical update at the moment is that Charlie is doing great. Last weight check, he was at 12lbs 5oz, so we're assuming he's about 12 1/2 or 13lbs now. The developmental, physical, occupational and speech therapists all say that he is right on track for his adjusted age of about 4 months. He "talks" a lot these days, plays with his toys, loves standing while being held, rolls over (stomach to back), likes to put toys (and all his fingers) in his mouth and is really interested in the dogs (he likes pulling trying to pull out their fur).

RSV season has started, so we even have to be more careful than usual with keeping Charlie away from germs. He is going to start receiving Synegis (sp) shots this week, which are kind of like a vaccinations against RSV. He has had somewhat fewer doctors appointments lately, but still one or two a week. Otherwise, everything is pretty much like having a normal baby (not that we'd know).

I have added Shannon as an author on this blog, so now when we fail to update it for a dew weeks, it will be her fault too.

"I think this pumpkin weighs more than me"

"I can almost stick out my tongue as far as a real giraffe"

Playing it cool in Halloween PJs

Trick or Treating at Grandma Dorie's House

"Cheese!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH! HAS THERE EVER BEEN SO MUCH CUTENESS!

Love, Grandma Dorie xo

The Tetlow Family said...

Shannon- I love his smile with the picture of Charlie and your mom. The costume she made is so cute and really good. I can't believe she made it. Great update!

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

He is such a cute girafe! Those eyes of his are to die for! :)

Anonymous said...

Holy smokes kid, you are so cute!
You made a fine looking Giraffe Charlie! Although it would be hard to believe you couldnt be cute in just about anything you were put in.
~ xo The Hoags

Shiloh McKinnon said...

I am so happy to see how well he is doing. Kadence also received the Synagis shots (for 2 winter seasons) and it was such a relief. Although we too had to still be freakishly cautious it was nice to know she was being protected. He is adorable!

The Newmans said...

Wow...he is so dang cute! I just can't handle it...I need to come see him soon, so I can squeeze him! I love the costume! You guys are doing great...he looks so good!

zanesmommy said...

Way too cute. I LOVE his smile. You can tell he has a great personality.

~Tammy~ said...

TOO CUTE!! He is such a handsome little man!!

Anonymous said...

He is too cute ... love the Halloween pics. Thanks for posting :-)

Hope to see you guys soon.

Jodi

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That giraffe costume is so precious! I love the one where he's chillin on the couch, looking all cool.