Sunday, April 13, 2008

Quick update...

Charlie's left lung has over-inflated even further by the looks of this morning's xray. Dr. Martin and Dr. Weng have decided to go ahead and just ventilate Charlie's right lung in an attempt to get the left side to settle down. The current plan is to work with the right lung exclusively for small amounts of time and see how Charlie handles it and give the left lung as much of a break as possible. So, again things look bleak, but hopefully, I'll have some good news to report next time I post.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a friend of Heather H. She has told me about your baby Charlie, and my husband and I are praying for his healing and Shannon and you for strength. I can tell you that you have awesome drs. Our son Zane was born at 29 weekds and we too had Dr. Martin and Dr. Weng. Dr. Martin is wonderful at explaining what is going on. Today Zane is a wonderful happy 2.5 year old. We will continue to pray and hope all goes well.
The Perin's

The Martins said...

Chuckie & Shannon,

We continue to pray for little Charlie and the wisdom of the doctors and for your hearts as well. Thanks for keeping us posted as this allows us to lift up very specific prayers for you and your family.

The Goldilocks Paradox said...

tell the little peanut that auntie said high and blow him a kiss.

The Goldilocks Paradox said...

i mean "hi", but whateves!

Anonymous said...

Chuckie and Shannon,
You and your beautiful boy are in our prayers. Thanks for keeping everyone updated through the blog. There are so many people supporting you because of it who wouldn't even know otherwise. And, I know your parents are the best support of all! May the Lord bless you and keep you and shine His face upon you. May little Charlie's lungs grow strong and healthy.
The Nelson's

Charlotte Spears said...

Chuckie and Shannon,

Thanks again for the updates on Charlie. Kevin and I are praying for health for his lungs, wisdom for his doctors, and encouragement for you both. If there's anything we can do to be helpful--errands, etc., please let us know.

Charlotte

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying.
Deanne