Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quick update...

Shannon and I are not getting much sleep, but Charlie is really thriving at home. He's gaining weight and is almost up to 9lbs! All our doctors and specialists so far have been very pleased with Charlie's progress at home. I've attached a couple pictures and will put up some more on my next post.

Our very nice neighbors down the street took in Joey, so he has a great new home and three little kids to play with. Much more fun than he was having around here, I'm sure!



10 comments:

Charlotte Spears said...

Charlie is so cute in his little hoodie towel! Thank for posting more pictures. Kevin and I think about you and talk about you often, wondering how you are doing in these first weeks with Charlie home. Hopefully you will be able to start getting more rest soon :) We are delighted to see Charlie doing so well! He has truely been blessed with wonderful parents and we will keep you in our prayers as you get settled into your new routines with Charlie home.

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Cant wait to meet him
xo~ Hoags

Anonymous said...

Charlie looks like a wise little soul; he will be able to share compassion and strength with others after the struggles he's been through. He looks like both his mom and dad--couldn't be more handsome!!! We are ever so thankful for his growth and progress. Hang in there; sleep is on the way! The von Lehes

The Martins said...

I would imagine the hospital has gotten him on a 'wake up at all hours' sort of routine, which is probably pretty miserable for you. Even so, I pray you settle into a family routine as you adjust to being "3". Thanks for the pics!
-Sarah

Shiloh McKinnon said...

He looks so good! Sorry about the no sleep. Been there done that not much fun. But so worth it.
-Shiloh

Anonymous said...

What a big boy! I can't believe how big he is getting. Is he loving life in a quiet home rather than our loud, intrusive NICU? I'm sure he doesn't miss any of our alarms or the baseball bats in his armpit every 3 hours. We miss him terribly though. Happy to hear all is well. Don't worry, sleep will come...eventually ;).

The Newmans said...

He is looking so good! I can't believe he is now almost eight pounds...that's a lot more than that one and a half he used to be! I can't wait to come see you guys soon, I will e-mail Shannon!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! And I assure you sleep will come. Promise. Shannon call me if you need to, we're thinking of you guys all the time! Congrats on having your baby at home. Love Jess

Anonymous said...

I am glad all is going well now! The little guy has come a long way and to me, it looks like his future is bright! I am happy for you and hope the future bring you nothing but happiness for your little family.

-Sincerely Dr. Gunnell

Anonymous said...

OK you busy parents- no new pictures for weeks now! Charlie et al have a wonderful blog! He is more handsome than I every imagined he would be- he is magnificent! What a long way you all have come. Big hugs to the three of you- Cheryl A

ps Thanks Shannon for holding my hand so i could find it :)