is really nice and he's back to wearing some cute clothes (thanks to the Blocks, Rhonda Dimmick, Pat Bartelse and the rest of the Farnam folks!)
Also, Charlie cracked 4lbs this week and continues to gain weight pretty well. They are fortifying his food now with a little bit of powdered formula, which he seems to be tolerating. We're still kind of nervous about his stomach, but it is really important for him to get the extra nutrition.
Charlie is having a little problem with being weened off of the morphine entirely. He has had 2 pretty bad periods of withdrawal this week both times the doctors tried to discontinue the morphine completely. He's back on a very small dose and they are going to attempt to ween him even more slowly this time.
Oh and Charlie has graduated to a new open bed. He's already planning his escape.
Here are some pictures:
"I can't hear you"







18 comments:
Yeah Charlie! I am so happy he is doing so well.
Those pictures are darling!!! I saw the cutest outfit the other day and I am going to go back and get it for him! We are glad to hear he is doing so well! Its so sweet to see him getting that irresistible baby fat. :-) -Carley and Bryan
The open bed is such a fun milestone - congradulations! He is so cute, really.
Way to go Charlie boy! 4 lbs! Holy smokes!!! You'll be home in no time!! I love the double chin...it is my most favorite baby part. I was sad when Dino lost his :0)
WONDERFUL! :)
-Zane.
We are so loving Charlie's chubba checks and can't believe he's 4 lbs already! It's so fun to see him in the little onesies. It seems at this rate he'll be filling them out in no time. Glad to hear he's back on track and pokey needle free!!! Praying for you all-the Block's
So glad to see him doing well! We'll be praying that the doctors will be able to quickly get him off the morphine. Looking forward to meeting Charlie!
How great it is to see his darling face- and what faces he makes! Kissable!
It is so great to see Charlie in a new bed and all dressed up! I am so excited about his progress and really looking forward to meeting Charlie :)
It's great to see all the pictures. We are so happy that Charlie is doing better. He is a cutie!
The Walsh's
So fantastic to think of Charlie crossing 4 lbs. Nikolay was 5 lbs, 10 oz, it just makes it seem like any day now he could be coming home, God willing. Do the doctors have any prediction as to when that might be able to happen, if conditions improve steadily? When can we throw the coming home party and shower him with love and presents?
Hi, you don't know me but I used to be a nurse at Banner Desert NICU till three weeks ago when I moved to Colorado. I am good friends with Sarah H who I believe was a primary of yours. I knew of sweet Charlie and have been praying for him for awhile. I'm glad to see he is doing so well. He is such a miracle!!! I found your blog through an old friend that I was in highschool youth group with. Hope this isn't too invasive!! Know that a couple in Colorado are praying for his success!! God Bless you and your family Charlie Duff!
Man! He is so stink'n cute!!
The Sandbergs
Oh my gosh those cheeks. And he's over doubled in size! Looks like he has a little personality on him too :) Congrats on the new bed, I look forward to another post.
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, CHUCKIE!!!
Happy Father's Day Chuckie! You are an awesome dad! :-)-Bryan and Carley
Charlie's fan club is growing ravenous for news and photos!
- Greg, JoAnne, and Nikolay
He is so precious. I am sorry I haven't written earlier but you have all been in my prayers every day. BTW...this is Diana form Farnam...would love to hear from you to know how you are doing.
dicrockett@aol.com
Post a Comment